Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Event 3: LACMA

After battling through traffic on Wilshire boulevard, I finally arrived at LACMA. My first impression was the iconic row of lights that I have seen on so many movies. The urban light was so delightful to look at and I had a great time there walking through the many columns and rows. It really help me understand how science, electricity, and architecture can be so artistic and beautiful. The lights, so similar yet so different offered so many different perspectives at every angle that you looked at. The cast iron steep lamps serve as a forest nestled on a busy Wilshire boulevard and it acts as a perfect escape from the fast-paced lifestyle of LA

 Once I entered LACMA I quickly noticed Breathing Light. This was so interesting because its exhibit served to eliminate all depth perception I had. The exhibit was fascinating to venture through and I had a wonderful time there
Me soaking in all the fun at LACMA

My time at LACMA was very interesting and fun. Spending a quick day there I would highly suggest because there is so much art to appreciate there and it is such a quick drive away from UCLA. I would highly suggest looking at the urban light whenever someone has the opportunity too because it is a beautiful sculpture that needs to be appreciated. All in all, LACMA was a fantastic learning experience and I am happy I made the venture down a busy Wilshire to visit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment