Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Event 1: Fowler Museum



My experience at the Fowler museum was extremely interesting and eventful. As I first entered “Making Strange” I was curious as to what possibly that could have been. I quickly glanced at the goofy and odd outfits that were mounted everywhere. The Indian artist Vivan Sundaram outfits that she created were remarkable. She crafted outfits that were strictly made out of recycled material. This was revolutionary to me and its creativity was over the top. The artist did a fantastic job of bringing her values of a clean and greener planet into her profession of art. Her strange and quirky art were very interesting to look at and she did an amazing job of putting them all together. My experience at “Making Strange” was awe-inspiring and I learned how you can relate social issues into artwork and craft your own view on them. 

Next at the Fowler Museum I entered “Intersections” which showcased different styles of world art. It detailed different art from different local lives around the world. It was fascinating to see the different forms of art intersected together. What stood out to me was the different forms of masks the artist created and each of the little twists they had on them. One mask I found extremely interesting was one that sat on top a bed of nails and sticks and was crafted out of clay. It was a mask that looked so simple yet had minuscule details that showed the intricate side of this work of art. I would suggest going and visiting both of these sites in the Fowler Museum because it can really intrigue anyone and is very interesting.
Me having a wonderful time drenched in art museum fun


No comments:

Post a Comment