Monday, June 8, 2015

Event 2: Hammer Museum


After having some trouble finding parking near the hammer museum on a busy Monday morning in Westwood, I finally made it into the Hammer Museum. First walking in I quickly noticed these odd chairs that would rotate on the ground, yet I saw many people enjoying themselves on them. Obviously, I needed to try it out and I quickly was very fond and amused by it and it was the only the beginning of the creative genius that was at the Hammer Museum.

After my small episode of swinging around on the chairs I entered the Provocations studio which showed a futuristic exhibit of architecture. What really caught my eye was the amazing designs of bridges they had on display. The art work enamored me into thinking how this could be a practical use of bridges in the near future. It laid flat over a river for easy commute over, however the catch was that it could raise up to for a curve shape that turned the bridge into many steps so boats or canoes could easily pass under it while pedestrians could still pass over the river. 
The next artwork I enjoyed was a piece about a futuristic building. I thought the artist did a fantastic job of portraying how the environment is going to play a huge role in future society. It was very provocative and showed how trees and bushes are going to be in the foundation of new buildings. I particularly liked how there were trees growing from the roof of this new building as I believe this will be common in the future.
Me capturing in the magnitude of this amazing artwork
I would totally endorse my classmates or anyone to go over to the Hammer Museum and check out what it has to offer especially Provocations. I believed it to be a wonderful exhibit and was very interesting to see their take on the future of society and their perspective. 









No comments:

Post a Comment